Date / Time
Sun 13th Dec, 2020 09:30
8.8km / 5.4 miles
The Plough at Cadsden (HP27 0NB)
Maps & route info
The 8.8km route is entirely off-road within Whiteleaf Hill Nature Reserve.
The route will be muddy throughout and has a number of short but steep climbs and descents.
Bring your grippiest trail running shoes and some fresh legs, you're going to need them.
The course record was set in July by Oscar Wellbelove in 00:35:43.
If you would like to download the route to your watch or app use the files below.
How it works
On event day arrive any time within the 60 minute start window (0930-1030)
On arrival you're given a wristband which you scan at the start and finish to record your time.
Once you've finished view your time on a live leaderboard and see where you rank.
We will have sole use of the pub car park until 11:30am, which has space for 25-30 cars.
Search 'The Plough at Cadsden' or use the postcode HP27 0NB.
Dependent on your preferred start time you can either catch the 08:15 or 0905 train to Monks Risborough from London Marylebone.
It's a~2km walk/jog to the start - An ideal for a warm up before you run the course.
COVID 19 safety measures
In order to maintain social distancing and keep this event safe we will be putting the following measures in place.
Reducing gatherings at the start/finish
The time trial is limited to a maximum of 40 people. Runners can start any time during a 60 minute start window. If there are a number of people wanting to start at the same time we will leave a minimum gap of 30 seconds between each person.
Whilst waiting to start, do not gather in groups on congregate near the registration area.
Upon finishing, runners will be asked to sit/stand safely to one side - The pub will open at midday if you want a drink/lunch.
Maintaining social distancing on the trail
The route has been chosen to take advantage of the wider trails in the reserve.
Runners must under no circumstances overtake or pass another person unless they are confident of maintaining a minimum of 2 metres distance. If you cannot pass you must stop and wait.
COVID specific terms
- Runaway Adventures Limited take no responsibility for any contraction of COVID 19 while participating in an event with us.
- Runners must not attend the event under any circumstances if they or someone they have been in close contact with are showing signs of COVID 19 or have shown a positive test in the 28 days.
- Runaway Adventures Limited reserve the right to request any runner to leave immediately if they show signs of COVID 19.
- Runners are required to stay the government recommended distance away from others, who are not in your group/household while on participating in the event.
- During the event you may be required to open and close gates on route. Please take appropriate precautions, such as wearing gloves or bringing hand sanitiser with you.
- Runaway Adventures Limited will record a name, email address and phone number of each participant in order to comply with any track and tracing requirements that may be asked of us.
- Runners must wear a face mask on arrival and when collecting their time wristband.
- Runners be asked to use hand sanitiser (provided) immediately before and after running the route.
- Runaway Adventures Limited reserves the right to ask a runner to leave the event immediately if at any time they do not follow the above rules.
- Runaway Adventures may cancel the event at short notice due to a government enforced local lockdown. Under this circumstances the event will be rescheduled to a different date.